FVLA Membership Meeting Minutes- 11/12/18 7:10 PM
Families attending: 10 families
- Meeting called to order at 7:10 PM
- Motion to open by Irene Sheridan
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Terry read the minutes from last membership meeting
- Motion to approve by Dennis Cox & Irene Sheridan
- Treasurers Report:
- PNC Operating account: $29,741.82
- PAYPAL account : $3,957.63
- BB&T account: $45,948.31
- Amazon Smile : $21.54
- Additional money:
- Dam restoration engineer fees : $7500.00 – $21000.00
Invoice sent to us and Herb is negotiating this fee;
- Interest on Dam loan : 2% of loan
This is incurred from time of loan disbursement.
- Dam restoration Loan repayment: $22,000. Every 6 mos.
- Refund of Lily Pad Treatment payment: $6,265.50
Kelly is getting this payment returned to us.
- Lake Maintenance:
- Second lake is not considered a dam so it is not subject to regulations.
- This year we lowered the lake to help with lily pad problem and we feel it has helped to some degree.
- Last time we tried to lower two lakes it was a lot of work to keep up with. We want to get the lowering of lakes on a schedule. Lakes can only be lowered every other year.
- Will try to get the lily treatment again in the upcoming year. This has to be done in the spring. We will discuss this again in March.
- This year we will lower the 1st The will be back up to correct level by March 15th.
- We discussed the stumps in the lake and if they could be removed. A member said that they are petrified and could not be removed.
- The lily pad removal was discussed and the fact that if you pull them out you can’t leave them in the lake as some of them will regenerated again.
- Dam Reconstruction project :
- Pending engineer certification of Project completion
- Hydro turf bubble on 5th st dam is being reviewed.
- Santa Breakfast :
- Looking for donations.
- Three baskets will be made: Boys, Girls & Family.
- Upcoming Events & Meetings:
- Went over dates and times for the upcoming year.
- The 2019 FVLA calendars will cost $25.00
- We have flyers for the community center with rates on them (42 people have ordered so far).
- Terry spoke about the by-laws and changing the voting rights for all members. This will be voted on in March.
- We are looking for a new way to advertise to get the word out when the meetings are being held.
- A member brought up questions about the new housing development that is being built close to the lake. We have not had a one on one discussion with the builder yet about how this will affect our community.
- Voting :
- Dues: 5/7 voted keep the dues same as prior year.
- 4 voted to make meeting quarterly
- 3 voted meetings 3x a year.
Motion to close meeting was made by Irene Sheridan & Bob Dion.
Meeting closed at 7: 53;