Friends of Victory Lakes
Thank you for signing up to receive our monthly Newsletters. This is our first, and we will do our best to keep you informed and updated on Lake activities and events. Please help us spread the word by telling your neighbors to sign up via fvlaonline.com OR if they don’t use email, maybe share your copy with them.
- Dam Loan – We currently owe $20,000 from July 24th, 2023. $29,293.50 will be due on January 24th, 2024. We have been in constant contact with the DEP regarding our status and are currently not in danger of default as they are working with us. We are planning to send out invoices in January with annual payments due April 1st, 2024. We encourage property owners to pay early if possible, in hopes that we can pay the past due balance and January invoice in full as soon as possible.
- Recent Dam Inspection – Summary: Dams need the erosion repaired – fill dirt will suffice. Continue to remove Woody and Grassy Vegetation. Develop plan to control/reduce spatterdock within the reservoir downstream. We are estimating the cost of materials to be around $500.00 and hoping to delegate the work to volunteers on our Community Clean-up Day.
- Lake Lowering – We have received the permit for our annual lake lowering. This year, Upper Victory Lake will be lowered. The process will begin 11/01/2023 and continue until 11/15/2023. The FVLA follows all requirements and guidelines when it comes to lowering the lake to ensure we are using the safest process for the fish and wildlife. The lake will be returned to its normal level in March as required. Our primary goal with lake lowering is to assist with Lily Pad control. If we get freezing temperatures for a long enough period, it freezes and kills the exposed Lily Pad Roots. During this time, homeowners and community members are encouraged to complete any desired clean up and/or repairs.
- November 18th– Community Clean Up: We will be meeting at Sunset beach at 10am. Please join us as we work required dam maintenance and cleaning up our community. We need at least 30 volunteers, kids can help too! In return, we receive a $500.00 check which will be used for the required maintenance.
- November 22nd – Membership Meeting: 7pm: 2201 Highland Ave at the Ruch Building
- December 2nd – Santa Breakfast: each year the FVLA hosts a Santa Breakfast at the Ruch building located on 2201 Highland Ave. The event will take place from 10am – 12pm. Cost is 5.00 per person and includes coffee, Apply juice, orange juice, water, Pancakes, and sausage as well as a gift for each child (while supplies last) and crafts. All funds and supplies for this event are provided by donations. We are now accepting financial donations via our website under the “resource” tab – “donations”. If you’d like to donate an item such as syrup, a gift for a child, or if you’d like to volunteer, please email [email protected]